Summer approaches and it is time to get outside. Get your yard ready for summertime fun.
- Begin preparing your yard for outside activities by clearing away debris. Fallen limbs may be used for an outdoor fire pit.
- Rake dead leaves that may grow fungus and bacteria to help to prevent plant disease. But they can be added to the composite.
- For lawn health be sure to rake when dry. Spots requiring re-seeding may be covered with composite and fertilizer to encourage growth. You may want to begin the summer with a weed/feed application.
- Clean out and prepare the flower and garden beds by trimming the perennials, removing the annuals, aerate, and fertilize the soil. Have extra soil available if needed and your favorite mulch.
- Prune the shrubs and trees. Be sure to research if they are tolerant to a spring trim and how to best cut them back.
- A power wash can help lean patios, decks, and walkways.
- For cleaning the wooden fence, use a solution of: 2 gallons of water, 2 quarts of bleach, and 1 cup of liquid soap.
- Clean out the gutters. A plastic scoop can help, place tarp to collect gunk, and your garden hose will flush out any remaining debris and able you to check for leaks.
Backyard barbecue, tending the garden, reading in the hammock, whatever your favorite summer pastime, enjoy your time out of doors and let us know if QuikFix can help!